Friday, April 28, 2006

In the car today

Today was a bank holiday so naturally as many people are off work and able to go to the shops they cut the busses down to a bare minimum! I have a lovely mother so she said that if I had to work I could get a lift. I got up later had a nice long wash and set out later as we did not have to go all around town picking up poor, ignorant and old people. I sat down on the upholstered seat affixed my safety belt (mandatory by law for car passengers but not available to people of the bus as we are expendable) turned on radio 2 (rapidly becoming my fav station) and settled in to a stress free luxurious ride into work, or so I thought (what a set up, you sure are excited now aren’t you).

First turn out of the drive we encountered a pigeon sat down in the middle or the road, my mum decided to creep up on it very slowly rather than honk the horn which would have been my choice. Eventually it moved. Being a bank holiday the roads were empty except for mentalist, one old bloke who drove at about 30mph (miles per hour, can also be written as m/h) in a 60m/h zone but then turned off, a little later a black car turned onto the main road crawled along at 5kph for 40 yards and the turned off the next turning. The rest of the journey was ok so I got to work 20 minuets early and browsed for reduced eggs (easter) there were none.

On the way home the roads were empty of everyone including nutters but the bus driver was willfully slow so I got home 3 minuets late but it did give me more time with my ipod which I enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home