Sunday, April 09, 2006

Newtons revenge

I like nice bus drivers, I like them more than I should because the bad ones are so bad the good ones look like gods in comparison. Today I had one of these deities of the road who I feel deserves some praise so praise I shall.

The bus was a little bit late which put me in a bad mood already cos it was after a long day at work. Every passenger (or customer as we are no doubt known by the shareholders who make slaves of us all) in front of me had an intricate yet pointless task to undertake during boarding. This also annoyed me. that is until I saw how the driver was dealing with every passenger with good humor cheer and patience, the traveler in front of me was trying to get a season ticket thing that cost £25 so presented him with £20 and £5 notes instead of dismissing this frankly foolish man he took the money and gently informed him of first groups policy of higher denominations of perfectly legal tender. I got on the bus gave my ticket he leaned on the horn made me jump and us both laugh.

I don't know how much you, my readers travel on a bus, maybe never, for us seasoned bus users we are aware that from time to time the bus has to stop for traffic lights bus stops and that. I only say this because some people do not know, most notably the bint sitting across the isle from me. The bus came to a stop at the traffic lights and the aforementioned bint's ill stowed luggage fell from seat to floor, of course she shouted at the driver something in bristolian about not stopping for red lights he shouted back something equally indecipherable to which she replied but by that time I had lost interest. she disappeared up stairs.

got off I said thanx, driver said night (how nice)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home