Saturday, May 27, 2006

Late break

The bus I take to work is on a loop and my town is the eye of that loop. This means that sometimes I see the bus going the other way down the road before it negotiates the health centre at the apex and then returns to pick me up. Today I was leaning against the window in my little shelter marvelling at how green the world has got in the last two weeks, and then out of the corner of my eye just as I see a bus going the other way down the road it comes to a screeching halt and starts to reverse, the driver then opens the window leans out and asks me where I’m going, I reply he say “get in I’m twenty minutes late and going that way” I gratefully board pay my fair and settle in for a five or so minutes of free travel, though I couldn’t fully shake the feeling that we wouldn’t be so late if the driver used a more orthodox Bussing style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home