Saturday, July 22, 2006

******* (thats my name annonimised)

Mobile phones are a wonderful thing we can use them everywhere that there is a signal which lets face it is most places we are. I use my phone whenever I need to with a few exceptions, cinema theatre and hospitals (there are more but I can’t think of them right now). One place that I do use it and don’t mind other people using their phones is on the bus (yes you knew I would come to the bus sooner or later). Today however one phone conversation did annoy and perturb me. I did not have my ipod cos it did not charge for some reason last night ( a situation I am investigating). So I sat on the best seat and started to read my book (yes that again) at some point in the ride the girl behind me decided to ring some one, this person was close to her a boy friend I would venture to say. This person had the same name as me, he had done something wrong and for about ten minutes she proceeded to berate this poor man for some obviously innocuous mistake. Now in the way women tend to do one tactic she employed was saying his name in a tierce and agitated voice sometimes even using his full name (yes I have a name that can be abbreviated for all of you trying to build up a profile of me). As all of you with names will know when some one says your name there is an involuntary reaction in your nervous system which is useful if some one is trying to get your attention but annoying if they are talking to some one with your name over your shoulder. This kept happening to me throughout this conversation when I got off the bus I felt quite beaten and very sorry for what I had done!

On the way home I accidentally made the ‘hi mate are you alright?” face at a person I did not know but looks like a person I sorta know he responded with a ‘who the fuck are you freak’ face at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home