Monday, September 25, 2006

Sugar water

As the bus pulled in to my destination I was surprised and intrigued by a new garishly illuminated 7 foot high block that had been placed next to my stop. On closer inspection it turned out to be a chilled beverage dispenser one of those with a glass frontage in order to display the array of drinks available to me. Time was getting on so I decided that I should proceed to work as the bus was already late and my laboured scrutiny of this addition to my environment was not making me any less late.

Throughout my shift my mind wandered I thought about many a thing; world politics, the rise of China, Thundercats, my magsafe power adapter and if I would ever finish that book I have been carrying around for months. As my shift progressed and my thirst increased naturally my thoughts turned to that garish machine. I considered the array of drinks on offer, I could opt for the health and to my mind satisfying bottle of overpriced and environmentally disastrous spring water. I could chose the unfeasible popular cola drink (which I despise so I quickly banished that though from my mind) the totally tropical taste of lilt was becoming and quite tempting, if I decided on that I would have been dismissing the relative newcomers to the drinks market those still fruit infused spring water drinks. That was it my palette would be whisked away to a tropical beach via the totally tropical taste of lilt. That decision made I could get on with thinking about thundercats and selling things to people.

The drinks machine was out of order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home